Monday, November 27, 2006

Lombarda powerrrr!!

As most of you know, I have a bike, my dear Honda VFR800i (my pride and joy, my dearest). As any other vehicle, she needs a good mechanic to take good care of her and I found him some time ago.

His name is Jose Lombarda, from Navalcarnero (Madrid). This mechanic has spent most of his life between engines. He has often worked in professional racing teams with both cars and motorbikes. 30 minutes with him and he will give you more famous names than you coud possibly store in memory! Even his own son, Luis, under his toutelage, was racing for several years as a professional with his CBR900RR.

Now, Jose has embarked in a new adventure (actually, he's been at it for sometime now), racing with ultra-light cars, with steel chassis, motorbike engine (in his case, a Suzuki GSX-r1000, I think). He was recently declared Champion of Castilla Leon in this new type of racing. Here are some pics of his buggy.

No comments: