Saturday, March 03, 2007

Life ain't fair

No, it's not.

Every time I go to work by bike, I see real stupid things. Imbecils talking on their cells whilst they drive, drifting from lane to lane, invading them; imbecils overtaking left and right; people overtaking me at any speed; imbecils sitting in the middle and left lanes doing 90 or even 80 KPH!! Even more typical, a lane of stopped traffic and some brain-dead in the next lane slaps their breaks on at the last minute to skip the waiting, causing danger to themselves (which doesn't really matter that much) and to others (which does); people going around with a blown front light bulb, etc.

Last thurstay, leaving home, some dork woman was driving around with a flat tire. She went on driving for a few more miles, even though we stopped beside her on the roundabout and I said "Excuse me, you have a flat tire". And she replies "Yes, I know, someone else already told me so" AND CARRIES ON DRIVING!!!

Well... With all this, I was fined for overtaking stopped traffic over a continuus line (they called it wreckless driving - at 50 KPH!!! - and had my license taken away for a month and fined 350€) and once again for riding with my front light off (by mistake, one 6th of June at half six in the afternoon with 30 degrees in the shade and a sun to match). That was 150€ and it would have been 2 points off my license if they had started with that... campaign...

And now... another 150€ fine for overtaking stopped traffic on the hard-shoulder. How many bikes have you seen stopped behind a car in traffic if there is a hard-shoulder there? Even the police has asked me to move in the hard-shoulder in similar circumstances!! We'll have to see how many points that's gonna cost me, now.

No, friends, no, it ain't fair. If it wasn't punishable, I'd like to call them bastards (and then some more).

No comments: