Thursday, April 03, 2008

Jerez 2008

(Copied from my entry in L.E.D.L.M. because I haven't had the time to re-write. I may do it later)

With the last remains of winter and already tasting the spring to come, comes the time for our national celebration. No, I don't mean the blood and cruelty orgy of bull-fighting. I'm talking about the party down at Jerez. This, your local reporter of biker events, travelled there in good company.

I will report in chronological order. The trip was calm (caaaaaaalm) due to the fact we left with plenty of time and although we were eager, we had to adapt to female needs (for a wussy and a princess). Naturally, I have no pics of this because I was busy riding my bike.

Accomodation, far from modest, was the cherry on the cake. Comfort, luxury and far from the noise, in the shores of Rota. To be specific, in Costa Ballena. A place chosen for summer holidays which opened its doors to those attending the party that wanted a litle quiet and class for those well deserved hours of resting. Here are some examples of what you found in the rooms (Damn! I forgot an exterior shot!)



On saturday there was the practice sessions... which I took advantage of to practice my shooting with the camera, optimal expositions, etc...

Later in the afternoon we got together with some friends for a few good beers and some good company, Gady and Mara, make the necessary introductions (in the end there were several different groups meeting) and sharing of experiences, stories and melancholy, etc.)



And on sunday, the Main Event, RACING! Those of you who saw the races on TV know how good they were. Those of us living it up close there could experience the people's emotions (with the waves - the guy in the hat was the one organizing them on our area -, cheering, screaming, hand-held engines, ship horns, drums, etc.), some overtakings on our bend the cameras did not see, a visit of the King to our area, the heat from the sun, the smell of gunpowder from the fireworks, the sea of motorbikes in the carpark (bikepark!)... and you were lucky enough to miss the ride of honour of the "being" who will represent us in Eurovision... I'm without words... because I'm well-mannered...



And some pics set up as wallpapers (1600x1200, since nothing smaller is used now)




And yours truly



And, of course, there was other sites to enjoy...






No comments: