Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Hope

Saturday, whilst visiting a friend, I suggested we go out for a stroll and do some window shopping on a nearby CashConverters. As usual, as soon as I got in I headed for the musical instruments section. Almost immediately I saw a guitar with a distinctive shape (I already knew well) and, imagining it would be ridiculously expensive, I picked it up. The price, more than reasonable for this guitar, just 299€, was justified by a crack near the base, although after inspecting it, I saw it had been fixed. I decided to try it out to see if the sound was affected and (plugged or unplugged) it was unaffected.
It was covered with girlie sparkling stars and hearts stickers and there was a magazine cutout of some flowers showing through the center hole.

Even though, deciding it was a good investment (I always wanted one), I bought it. My friend, C, quite apropriately named her "Hope". Apropriately because, besides her own reasons, I was hoping it really was as OK as I saw it.

Took it home, re-strung it, corrected the neck truss rod,removed all the tacky stickers, cleaned it and dicovered that under the flower paper cutting was another cutting of a girl in B/W. Both cuttings were stuck with isolating tape. Worst of all, under them, the previous owner, in a supreme expression of stupidity and inneptitude, had ripped the original maker's sticker.

I am still to confirm it, but I think it's this one [LINK].

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you Hope:



No comments: