Sunday, October 28, 2007

New engineering feat

As you all know, I have an acuarium (see the link on the right-hand menu). What you don't all know is that it had bee mistreated... I mean, used as a terrarium. It doesn't sound too bad, but ut implies the lid had been cut, ripped, the fluo tube supports eliminated, broken, etc.

It generally means I had to do fixes to be able to use it. Also, the lid only allowed me access to the front part of the acuarium, which meant I couldn't clean the back, etc.

Well, thanks to my pal El Prenda we designed a lid that would permit total access to the acuarium, that maintained the tubes in the propper position, etc etc.

So here's the result. A solid lid made from microfiber wood, aluminum adhesive tape, aluminum profiles, ... and a fair amount of time!



No comments: